Wednesday 12 September 2012

Cleaned Framehead


12th September 2012
This week I have been slowly stripping the remaining chassis back to bare metal in the evenings.












 

 I have taken to scraping the underseal off with a wood chisel, and grinding the paint off with a wire wheel.

The finished product looks great, and there is almost no surface rust.

Its been a struggle to find a RHD pedal assembly, but I think I have finally located one with nearly all the parts.

Also ordered a new beetle beam from Volkspares, fully adjustable with trailing arms for £200.  Seemed too good to be true, and amazingly they then informed me there was no stock.

So ordered one from Machine7 instead.  Looks pretty good, but will need to refurb lots from the old beam and fit to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment